Mr. B S Madhusudhan Rao, popularly known as ‘Madhu’ by officials, friends and customers alike, was born on 8th April 1922. He graduated in the year 1945 and joined his uncle, Mr. N.S. Padaki as a working partner, dealing in mill store parts. On 8th April 1948, he became the sole proprietor of the concern under the name ‘Madhus Mill Stores and Automobiles’.
His focus in automobile tyre business started in the year 1952, when he was first appointed as an authorised dealer for Dunlop India Ltd. And soon, the other tyre companies followed suit. He had business links all over India. The special quality of his dynamic nature in business helped him to grow. On 23rd December 1970, he opened his first outlet at Bangalore, ‘Madhus Tyre Centre’ on J C Road. Unfortunately, before he could see the realisation of his dreams, he left for his heavenly abode.
With his hard work and dedication, he had built up an empire from a humble beginning, dealing in mill store and huller parts, to become the No. 1 tyre retailer in Karnataka.